Monday, September 29, 2008

Hide and Seek! (and a clue!)

Wow - what a Monday!

When I got home from my volleyball games tonight (more about that later), I found a little boy who didn't get a good nap in today - so it was a somewhat long night. It's always difficult when Alex won't use his words to say what he wants - although he is getting better at using words to say what he needs.

He did have an ornery streak in him today, though. Andy shot this video - Alex was *gasp* acting camera shy - - silly guy! :)

Now, on to the results of the volleyball games tonight - -

After arriving nearly 30 minutes late (due to reasons beyond my control, and believe me, I was getting quite upset about WHY we were leaving so late!!), we played Callaway twice (in an "A" game and a "B" game), then played a game with Arnold. The coach from Callaway asked if we could play two games, and I was certain she said "A" first - which usually means your better players. However, midway into the game, I began to question if her better players were indeed in, because my girls were just kicking the kaboodle out of them.....I decided to keep them in, and I am glad that I did because, they were, indeed, their "A" team. We won the first game 25-6 and 25-9, and then against the "B" team it was 25-4 and 25-11. I was proud of my girls - they played well and their serving tonight was AWESOME! The thing that always seemed to catch us off guard was when the other team actually returned the ball - we were caught sleeping. BUT, overall, they played MUCH better than last time.

Then it was on to the Arnold team - they were a little bit better than Callaway, but we won both sets 25-15 and 25-21. I could tell that the girls were getting tired - six sets is a lot to play in just under two hours, but they stuck it out and finished strong. Most of the parents travelled down to see them play, and I got a lot of compliments after the game. It wasn't me who played well, it was the girls - so they deserve most of the credit, but I will take just a little. :)

On another note, I think that my due date has been pushed up two weeks because I had to ride a BUMPY school bus for 1 1/2 hours to Callaway.....I can certainly feel all of the bumping around tonight....ugh. I also was smacked on the side of the stomach with a volleyball, so that didn't keep little Acta too happy either. It was more rib than belly, but still "scary" for a few minutes until I was assured that all was fine by his swift repeated kicking to my already-sore-stretched-out-stomach-skin.

On a somewhat-related note, for those of you asking for "hints" about Acta's name....we have left one here on the BLOG (not this POST, but BLOG). If you are reading carefully, you will know the name. Happy hunting. :)

2 comments:

Daryl and Annette said...

Congratulations on the great showing by your girls! That had to feel wonderful.

Claudia said...

I loved hide and seek! Alex is such a cutie.
As to your hint... I hate to admit it, but I'm to darned lazy to go looking. I suppose I'll have to wait a few more weeks.

Counter