Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's Thursday!

Wow - Thursday already and I haven't done any posts this week - - sorry!

Here's what's been going on:

Monday my girls had their first VB game, and it seemed as if over the weekend they forgot EVERYTHING that we have worked on the past 4 weeks. We couldn't get a serve over the net to save our lives, and our serve receive was terrible. I called a time-out to check their shoes for cement blocks, because that had to be the only reason that we were standing around and looking at each other. We did have a few good plays, but lost both games. We played Burwell, which is only 20-or-so miles from Sargent, so the girls were familiar with the other team. Burwell has a few REALLY good players, so I think that my girls may have been intimidated by that before they even set their feet into the gym. Our next game will be the 29th, against Callaway and Arnold - those towns are at least an hour away, so hopefully we won't have to overcome any mind games this time. :)

Tuesday we discovered we were STILL having toilet problems, so we finally broke down and called the plumber. (As of now, knock on wood, all is still working....) Alex had a great day at childcare, Julie even commented on how well-behaved he is and how he listens so well. Now I know what other parents mean when they can't believe how well their kid behaves at school, but not at home......I am glad that he does behave for Julie. (He behaves for us, too, it's just that I think he has to push more limits with Andy and I.) His napping has been going well there, so we haven't had nearly as many meltdowns at home, which we are ALL thankful for.

Wednesday Alex woke up bright and early at 6 -- he really needs to learn how to sleep in!! He was in a goofy mood, one that I haven't ever seen in the mornings before. He was laughing, making silly faces and noises, and just being a goof. It put us all in a great mood to start the day. That afternoon we went to go and visit Daddy at work, and once we got home, Alex was the first one to go inside! He usually has to spend a good 20+ minutes outside before he even thinks about coming inside (I usually have to bribe him with supper!), but he wanted to go inside immediately!

And today - - he didn't sleep too well last night, he was very restless all night, and we finally broke down and gave him some Tylenol at 12:15 AM. He felt very warm to me, but I begin to wonder if he wasn't just overheated from the warm day that we had....but the Tylenol seemed to allow him to sleep for about 2 hours - then he was up about every 30 minutes after that. I haven't had any caffeine since I found out that I was pregnant, but I am SERIOUSLY considering it today! We have parent-teacher conferences today at school, so it will be at least 7:30 before I make it home.....with my feet dragging all the way!

If you think of it - send a special message to someone very dear to all of us tomorrow - - Andy will be having a birthday!!! :) Alex and I have a couple of surprises for him - we'll get pictures! :)

Until then.... SMILE!

No comments:

Counter