Monday, September 8, 2008

Daddy's Little Boy

Oh, what a night! Alex's mood, again, ran the spectrum. Fortunately, tonight he had many more pleasant moments than tantrum moments, but he still had a couple......I think that it has to be all related to his sleep, because this weekend, he was fine because he was getting his usual 2 hour nap. He must just wake up early at childcare (noise or something else waking him up), because he's not getting enough.....

Which is why we are beginning to put him to bed earlier at night. He was usually in bed around 9, but we have officially bumped it up to between 8 and 8:30. It seems to be going well, for the most part.

Tonight, as we got Alex ready for bed, we got one of those "moments" where it was just too funny, we couldn't help but laugh. Normally, our routine is to brush teeth, change into jammies, take his flouride (just a little dropper-thing - our water here isn't flourinated), choose 3 books, climb into bed, choose which parent is going to be reading to him, say good-night to the "unchosen" parent, "unchosen"parent leaves, read the three books with the "chosen" parent, get a drink of water, lights out and to sleep we go. Tonight, as we got to the choosing, he chose Daddy to read to him - which he has been for the past few nights. That's fine - it gives me a chance to get some stuff done for the time Andy is reading and such. Tonight, however, as I was saying goodnight to him, getting my hug and kiss and "love you", as soon as he said the "love you" I went in for one more kiss on the cheek. As soon as I kissed him, he looked at me, put his hand on my shoulder, gave me a little push, and very clearly said, "Move!" He was ready to read and I was in his way!!

Andy and I both had to chuckle. As I closed the door, he did blow me a kiss and say "love you" one more time.......what a kid! :)

And here's a shot of the happy bedtime readers - -


We certainly know who is ruling this roost - at least for another 50-or-so days! :)

1 comment:

Claudia said...

That's the way Steven is with grandma and grandpa. We'll drop him off and Steven will give us a shove towards the door and say,
"Goodbye."

Counter