Sunday, September 7, 2008

Our Weekend...

Hello all -

Again, no pictures tonight, but I wanted to send out the update on our weekend events. :)

I had my visit with Dr. Lawrence on Friday afternoon. She wasn't what I was expecting (I guess I don't really know what I was expecting, but she wasn't it....), but I was impressed with how thourough she was. VERY different from my delivery Dr. last time.......very refreshing. :) She did an in-office ultrasound just so she could see everything instead of reading someone else's report. Acta has finally rolled over, but she was surprised to see how high he is. His butt and legs are right under my bra-line, his head is above my belly button. I told her that was good to hear because my ribs are already being kicked!! She listened to his heart, looked all over him (he was "snuggling" with his cord, had it pulled up to his face and was gripping it with both hands), and said that everything looked "perfect!" She wants to see me every two weeks for a while, until we get closer to November. Added bonus - I was in and out of the office in 45 minutes! (Unlike my Dr. here in Ord, where you are usually in the waiting room for at least an hour, then another 30-45 minutes to see the Dr! If it weren't for the outstanding care that we get through them, I would have said "gone" a long time ago!) Anyway......I was VERY impressed with Dr. Lawrence and her staff. My next appt. is on the 22nd (I didn't want to go back on Andy's birthday - )

This weekend flew by - as most do. Saturday morning Andy had to work (which he didn't find out about until Thursday night), so Alex and I stayed at home and ran a few errands. It was chilly and rainy outside, so putting his jacket on was a struggle. I was exhausted by the time Andy got home - I am so thankful that I have him!!! I don't know how I could manage by myself....or how anyone could, for that matter. I guess I have a new respect for the "single parents" - - I know I couldn't do it right now (being pregnant and exhausted all of the time doens't help, either!) So we just bummed around Ord on Saturday, got a few things around the hosue done.

This morning we got up and headed to Grand Island, because we needed to get a few things for the bathroom (the toilet upstairs has been leaking - the wax ring didn't make a complete seal when it was put on, so we had to get a bigger ring - - it appears to be working now, so fingers crossed!) And after spending 1 1/2 hours at the Home Depot paint counter, trying not to get too mad while 4 men stood around the machine and tried to figure out how to get the color that I wanted into the paint container.......can you tell I was a little erked? Finally, another lady (who was supposed to work at noon today but came in early) walked up, told them how they needed to do it, and I had my paint in 3 minutes. Not bashing you guys out there, but seriously!!! 4 men and 90 minutes, and here a woman comes in and solves the problem in 3!

Then we ran to Sam's, Wal-Mart, and had Applebees (yummy salad!) for lunch, then headed for home so we could fix the toilet yet this afternoon. We also had some laundry to get done, so we had the better part of the afternoon left and finished everything. Andy was a gem and took Alex for a while so I could get a nap in. It was just what I needed - - too bad I can't work naps into the workweek!!

So that was all - we will try to get some photos up tomorrow, it just didn't work out this weekend. Have a great week everyone! :)

No comments:

Counter