Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Weekend!

Well, another busy weekend has come and gone. I started coming down with some cold crap, so most of the weekend was a blur for me - but Andy got A LOT done around the house - and even had time to sleep in! :)

Friday (Andy's birthday) we went over to Sargent for the Homecoming volleyball and football games. I had expected to leave school on time (silly me for thinking that I could get out of there at the right time) so that I could pick up a few last-minute things for Andy's birthday. But, because of our Homecoming pep rally (I am still a little bitter about this, so note the "tone" of my words as I type) was over 1 HOUR long - it went from 2:30 until 3:45!!! We were SUPPOSED to dismiss school at 3:12!! That means that our buses were over 30+ minutes late on their routes, and there was no one in the office to answer the phones - - so I am glad that I am NOT administration needing to answer to upset parents. So, needless to say, Andy's last minute surprises were not finished. Grrrrr......
We did go back over to Sargent to watch the teams play, and the football team played well. All of us were able to watch most of the game - but at halftime Alex was winding down, so we pulled out the stroller and I walked up and down the track for the quarter. We changed him into his jammies at the beginning of the 4th, and he and I stayed in the car (we were parked along the end zone, so we could still watch) while Andy went back out. Once the game was over, we hadn't even left the town and Alex was out. Tired boy!
Saturday we went to Grand Island to do some shopping and to eat Andy's birthday meal. He has been wanting the "endless shrimp" at Red Lobster, so we stopped there for lunch. It was VERY yummy!! Then it was on to Sam's, Wal-Mart, and Hy-Vee for the rest of our shopping. The boys also needed haircuts - this time Alex's went better - there were still tears, but not nearly as many as previous times. Here are a couple of shots of the boys once they were bathed and de-haired. :)
We were back home in time for supper and a few other things around the house.
After supper, Andy began to tape off the bathroom so we could paint the ceiling and trim. Once Alex was in bed, Andy began working. I had every intention of helping him, but this cold was not giving me the energy I wanted (the pregnancy doesn't help with the energy level, either!). Andy insisted it was a one-man job, so I cleaned up after tornado Alex in the living room.
This morning, Andy slept in while Alex and I tried to keep quiet in the living room. It worked pretty well, but when Andy got up he shared the bad news with me.......the tape that we had bought on Saturday PEELED the paint OFF of the walls!!! So, all of the trim work was fine, but everywhere we had tape was now the purple color (it ripped it clear down to the drywall - took off the primer, paint, and 2 coats of the faux finish). It looked like this all around......
Talk about FRUSTRATING!! Here we thought we were on the last step - nope! So, back around with the faux finish we will go again. GRRRR!!
And now for our funny video - - Alex has a singing toothbrush, Thomas the train. It was a gift from Grandma Le and Grandpa Dave. For the past 2 months or so, every time the train sings, Alex just holds it and stares at it, screams if we try to brush his teeth with it. Until this past week....we kept it in the drawer along with his other toothbrush, and one night he chose Thomas. Once the music began, he popped it into his mouth and brushed throughout the entire 2-minute song. Now, he has began to add his own little dance step as he brushes. Enjoy! :)

Here's what's on the agenda for us this week - I have a Dr. appt. tomorrow at 4, Andy has a dentist appt. Tuesday (which he is REALLY looking forward to - note the sarcasm), and the rest of the week should fly by! Don't know when we'll post next, so have a great week!!! :)

No comments:

Counter