Monday, September 29, 2008

Quick Update...

Sorry, I realize that it's been a week without any "news" - - life just gets in the way sometimes and the blog is on the back burner.

Last week went well - I think that all three of us had colds/allergies/I don't know what - but the noses were running! We went through three boxes of Kleenex - yeah. But I think that we are on the mend (for the most part), so on with it all!

This past weekend we went to Lincoln, because my grandma offered Andy her ticket to the Husker football game. Andy didn't hesitate saying "YES!" - plus my cousin Sophie had her 5th birthday party, so we were able to go for the weekend. Grandpa Dave and Grandma Le came up from Missouri Friday night, and stayed through supper Saturday, so it was good to see them. Alex had fun walking up and down my grandparents' block with the kiddie lawn mower - - I think he walked the block at least 800 times! All this with at least one grandpa (sometimes two) in tow. The boy does love the outdoors!!

This week is starting out with a bang - - I have two volleyball games today (Monday), a conference in Kearney on Wednesday, plus all of the other "normal" things that go on every week. Plus, there's this "having a baby" thing that seems to drain every last ounce of energy that I might have after 4 pm - - I can't believe that this little guy will be here in +/- 5 weeks!!! I'M NOT READY!!! :)

Andy's still driving all over the browning central Nebraska - - he's been going to Burwell every day to help out with nursing home coverage - plus keeping up his caseload in Ord. The highlight of his weekend (besides going to the Husker game) was taking a 2+ hour nap with Alex on Saturday! I can't remember the last time that he took that long of a nap! :) Seriously, though, Andy has been so awesome - especially when I am so sore and tired and just feeling crappy - he really steps up and takes care of things. He is just so amazing.....I couldn't do any of this without him!! :)

Well, there's the "quick" version of what happened this weekend - would you believe that the camera didn't even come out once? Sorry - - my mind has gone (all of the bloodflow is in the belly - it's amazing that I can even form a complete thought these days!) :) We'll try to get pictures or video of Alex soon - - I almost got some this morning before I left for work - Alex was "sashaying" across the kitchen floor in his pajamas - - it was quite funny! :)

No comments:

Counter