Thursday, September 11, 2008

Jesus, Cookies, and Alex's First Driving Lesson

As I look back onto the title of this post, you all must be thinking that I've been drinking or something.....nope! :) Just the happenings of what's been going on here the past week or so.

Jesus - Alex has some "Arch" books that have a pretty good rhythm to them as you are reading them. He really seems to enjoy them, because he chooses them almost every night for one of us to read to him. A few nights ago, Alex came into the living room with one of his Jesus books, and pointed to Jesus, and said His name! Andy quick grabbed the camera, and we got it! Enjoy!

Another night (or maybe it was the same one, I can't remember!), I was having a craving for some sugar cookies. Alex is always wanting to help me in the kitchen, so I let him decorate. Yes, I can hear the audible groans from most of you, and the rest of you saying, "Stick, stick, stick!" because of the sticky mess that came along with it! But, Alex REALLY enjoyed shaking the sprinkles on. Enjoy!


Here is a shot of the cookies once they were baked. Yum-o!

After they had cooled, Alex and I sat on the floor and enjoyed our work. ;)

Mmmmmmmmmm!

On to tonight! Alex is always wanting to stay outside when we get home at the end of the day. He loves being outdoors, and will go look for toads, snakes, or just play in the car. Tonight he wanted his first driving lesson - and Andy needed to be in the car for the "ride"!

Steering.....

Trying to reach the pedals......(a few times he actually crawled down onto the floor and pushed the pedals!)

Daddy looking on to see how his student is doing.......

Alex messing with the foglights and interior lighting (I'm going to have to remember that in the morning when I turn on the lights and can't see anything!)

And Alex showing that he does have a little of his Grandpa Dave in him......messing with the radio! :)

He even figured out how to eject the CD - only to push it immediately back in!


That's our life up until now - all is going well for all of us - Acta has dropped a little bit since last Friday, which my ribs are thankful for! Andy's work life is going to be hectic for the immediate future, and possibly for a while......one of the PTA's (Physical Therapist Assistants) just found out that she has breast cancer - she has 5 kids - from a freshman in college to younger than Alex, so keep her and her family in your prayers. She is late-30's, early 40's.....so pretty young. Andy will be picking up her caseload (mostly home health), as well as keeping his own clinic caseload going. AND, another one of the therapists will be going on maternity leave any day now......so they are all stretched pretty thin right now. My first volleyball game is on Monday, and I think that my girls are ready, most of them anyway. This will be the hardest game we play all year, so we'll see how we stack up!

Until then........

2 comments:

davefrank said...

What a cool post. Alex is growing up so fast and you two are doing such a great job helping him grow.

Claudia said...

Awesome times! I love cooking with Steven. Probably one of my favorite things ever. On Sunday we get to make a "fun" frosting cake for Nate's birthday. Maybe I'll let Steven stir the pot before it gets too hot. I also love the baby bump. You're like me... We are behind the camera most of the time and not in front of it.

Counter