Monday, July 16, 2007

Weekend Update!

Wow - I thought that I would never get to this today!! It's about 5:00, and Alexander is down for his second nap of the day....his naps today are more like my "pre-baby" naps - lasting for 2-3 hours!! He woke up at 9:00 this morning, and was back down about 11:30....asleep until 2:00, then back down at about 3:45.....I miss my baby! Here's a shot of him snoozing, just taken moments ago (isn't technology AMAZING?!?!)


Now, on to the events of the weekend.....it was BUSY!!! Friday afternoon Alex and I went to go pick Andy up from work. Alex wanted to play with everything in sight (as usual!), so I gave him some weights to play with. The red one was 5 pounds, and a little heavy for him, but he enjoyed rolling it around. The purple one was 3 pounds, and he could lift that one, but it was a little much. This pink one (yes, pink....it's okay, he's manly enough to play with a pink weight...) was 2 pounds and PERFECT for chewing on! What a funny guy! :) I guess Andy already has our son on a weightlifting program.....8 1/2 months and already benching the big 2-pounder!
Friday night we were off to York, which is about 15 miles south of Stromsburg, where the baseball tournament was to be played. Because of a BIG rainstorm Thursday night, many of the games were postponed until Saturday. The TBS guys first game was Saturday at 4:00. They played really well against Loup City - whom they had faced and lost to in the regular season - and beat them 9-8. We stayed for the next game, because the winner of that game would be the ones that we would face on Sunday. Alexander was too pooped for it, though, and took a nice nap in his stroller. I must have been a crazy driver as I pushed him in his stroller - look at his hands! Holding on for dear life! I didn't think I was THAT bad! (wink, wink!)


After supper we headed back to the hotel to cool off and try out the pool. Alex enjoyed the pool as long as it wasn't too loud or lots of splashing. Once any droplet of water fell above his shoulders, we were upset. So, we headed back to the room and Andy and Alex played around before bedtime.


I just LOVE that grin!! :)


Sorry this picture is a little dark - once Alex crashed, he was OUT!!! We did get a kick out of the funny positions he put himself in as he slept!

Now we're back home - laundry to do, unpacking, etc......it seems to never end. Andy still hasn't seen Alex awake yet today, so hopefully he'll wake up soon to play!

(Thanks for the checkup Claudia - it's good to know that there are people out there looking out for us!) :)

1 comment:

Claudia said...

You're very welcome. I felt kinda stupid calling Andy at work, but I thought you'd appreciate the gesture since every one was ok! :)

Thanks for the links on the blog, that's how I knew Andy's number!

Counter