Monday, July 9, 2007

NO!

Alexander showed us a new sign today - NO!! This morning, as I was feeding him his cereal, he shook his head "no". Then again at lunch, as he was finishing up (and I assume getting full), he shook his head again. So, in the car on the way to the "game" tonight (I'll explain more later), Andy was talking to Alex and he shot this video......



Here's a picture of Alexander finishing up his carrots for lunch today - he was giving me a little "tude," so I snapped a picture of him. He's just so cute! :)



Now, about the game.....Central Nebraska got anywhere from .5 to 5 inches of rain last night. Andy's last regular season home game was to be tonight, in Boelus. This morning at 7:00 the coach from Boelus called and said that it was still raining there and they may need to cancel the game......he said that he'd call back by 2:00 if the game was to be canceled. We never heard from him, despite our tries to call him on his cell phone, so drove to Boelus and arrived there at about 5:00. (Boelus is about an hour away from us....) A
s we were pulling into town, the coach called Andy and wondered what he wanted. Andy said that we would be at the field shortly, and we'd see him at the game. The coach became silent, and said, "Shoot, I forgot to call you!!" He'd forgotten to call Andy to let him know they'd canceled the game! So, a lot of driving for nothing.....although Alex did get a good nap in on the way home...I don't know how he can sleep like that without having a neck ache once he wakes up!


Now for the reason that I may be in the "loony bin" sooner than one might think.....

Andy has this duck (he calls him "Mr. Quackers") that is a tub toy for Alexander. It has a little gauge on the bottom that tells you when the bath water is too hot. Anyways, Andy has a fond affection for all of Alex's bath toys - in fact, they are in Andy's nightstand, nowhere near the tub! (And he has names for ALL of them!) Once we came home from the "game" tonight, Andy took Mr. Quackers out and put him in the sink - and started to fill the sink with water....I don't know why, I stopped asking questions a long time ago. However, if I have dropped off of the face of the earth, everyone will know why....my husband replaced me with a duck.

1 comment:

Claudia said...

What a clever little guy... I mean Alex! Don't worry Christine, we have a running saga with our stuffed animals. To this day, I'm convinced Bobo the Bear is intending to take over the world. The other stuffed animals are still trying to determine where his (Bobo's) cache of nuclear weapons is.

Counter