Friday, July 20, 2007

Patio - Step 1

Now that we have all of our materials purchased (and some on the way), we have begun the work! Our first step was to remove all of the never-ending weeds that seem to grow back there no matter how hard we try to stay on top of them. Just as soon as we think we have them under control, we are gone for a few days and it's back to square one.......anyways....

We decided on a 16' by 16' red brick patio. I really liked the looks of some of the other patio stones in gray and beige, but there is already so much red brick in our landscaping that I wanted it all to "go" together. Here's the lot:

Nevermind that blue-ish car in the background - it's the neighbors, and, as you can tell, has weeds coming out from under the hood. I think that the window is marked "For sale" if anyone needs a car - we can get you their number. :) Anyway, the dirt is where the patio will go. Behind the patio (towards the alley and the car) we have 4 blue spruce trees planted, that are still pretty small. Once they get nice and big, the blue car will be far less noticeable. Down the road we may even put in a fence - we'll see what happens. :)

Now, to the reason that all of you are really reading this blog - Alex. He had a crazy hair day today....he had a bath last night and went to bed with wet hair and it only got worse as the day went on. He took a hard nap on one side of his head, and that only added to the craziness.


I also love the "deer in the headlights" look he's giving.....I tried my best to get him to smile, but no smiles were to be seen while the camera was in view.....I'll try again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

How much is that car. I'm thinking for Steven. That way, I can promise him he'll get a car for his 16 birthday. It won't run, but he'll have a car! Be sure to give us pics of your on-going patio progress; I'ld LOVE to see the finished product!

Counter