Saturday, June 21, 2008

Weekend Updates

Hello all - sorry I didn't post last night, I was absolutely exhausted. Today's not much better, but I am getting it done earlier in the day - -

Yesterday the guys began working on the cementboard - that goes everywhere that might get wet - around the tub/shower and on the floor. They got a pretty good start on it, and had all around the tub and floor done by bedtime. They even stopped for a pie break. :) Grandma Le also had to leave yesterday morning, leaving me the only woman in the house. I guess I need to get used to it - but it was very nice having her here. My sister Sarah is leaving for London on Monday, (please keep her safe travel in your prayers) and someone needed to watch her new lab puppy - Ruby - so Mom had to head home. *By the way, Sarah, I still need pictures of Ruby and your new house!! :) Pray also for Mom's patience with Ruby, she is all puppy and Mom is very thankful she didn't get her new carpet last year! :)


Today Andy was working with the guys ALL day, and they have all of the drywall hung now. It took quite a bit of time because they had to cut every single piece - for the light switches, heater control, vanity light, window, lots to do! Here are a few pictures before they hung the last couple of pieces - -
Overlooking the tub - -
The corner where the toilet will be - - (yes, I am without an upstairs toilet for now)
Corner where the vanity will be - -

Alex has been such a trooper through all of this - I was a little worried how he would handle the changes, but he has been outstanding. A few times he has battled for his nap, but he will eventually go down.

Today I worked on cleaning the house - even though I know that it's going to get dirty again (it's already dirty), it needed to be done. I am very sore tonight from lifting and such, and I had to run through the weeds to catch Alex because he thought that running away while I was hanging sheets on the line would be funny. I was not amused - - thankfully, he hasn't tried his "getaway" since. :) Grandpa Dave did nickname him "sparkplug" though - I think it's a pretty appropriate name, espeically given what he was wearing today.....

He's also been into hats - because all of the guys are wearing them. He knows which hat belongs to which guy, and even wore Grandpa Dave's hat for a while! What an adorable smile!! :)

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I'm really excited to see how your bathroom is going to turn out! We have cement board up in my master bathroom, too... But that's it... Maybe I should have Nate read your blog to get motivated!

Counter