Monday, June 16, 2008

The Results Are IN!!!

Hello all!



Well, we have had an eventful day to say the least. My parents - Grandpa Dave and Grandma Le - arrived last night. Alex was winding down when they pulled in, and he then gained a second wind. So after entertaining his grandparents for about 45 minutes - he CRASHED!! We expected him to sleep in a little this morning, nope! He was up at his usual time. We had a full day planned, because today was the day for the big ultrasound. This is what I have been worried about for the past few weeks, because of the lack of movement on the baby's part. Andy had taken the afternoon off, and I had to twist my parents' arms to see if they would watch Alex while we went to Grand Island. There were a few things that we still needed from Home Depot, so we all loaded up and went down. While Andy and I were seeing Acta for the first time, the three went to Home Depot, Menards, ShopKo, and lots of other places. The back of the pickup was packed!! One of the toys that they bought was a sand/water table for Alex. Here are a few shots of the three of them playing once we got home.....




I don't think that I have ever laughed so hard in my life - Alex was trying to drink the water, but would get more than he could handle into his mouth, so spit it out (and let run down his shirt and shorts) when he got too much. He was SOAKED!!!!! Water was dripping from his shorts they were so wet. Unfortunately, the mosquitoes came out so we had to head inside. No need for a bath for Alex tonight - he had a complete bathing outside!

Now, on to the "results" of the ultrasound. The tech that administered it was especially nice - very social and explained things very well. She took a lot of shots, measurements, and decided that my due date and the measurement date were only a day apart. The doctor said I should be due on November 2 - the measurements said November 3. If this one is anything like Alexander, we'll be lucky to have a baby by December 20. (I'm not kidding - Alex was VERY late!!) Anyway, the baby is breeched right now, but she said that in a matter of 5 minutes that could change. Only at week 37 do they begin to worry if baby is still that way. I'm at week 20, so no need to stress now.

This baby gave us all of the shots that we needed, and moved very little. (Therefore making the "I don't feel the baby" even more real - this baby is very mellow!) We got great shots of the heart with all 4 chambers, the kidneys, the femur, diaphragm, head measurements, spine shots (all which looked GREAT according to the Tech), two little feet with the little piggies, the right arm (the way that the baby was laying, we couldn't see the other one), a profile, and we were able to get a good "crotch shot" (Aunt Elly's words - I am merely borrowing them). Yes, we know what the baby is!!! :)

Here's one of the shots of a side profile. She labeled the chin, lips, and nose. The baby is on it's back - -

You didn't think that I would leave you "hanging" as to what the sex of the baby is.......And the "crotch shot" - -

In this shot, you are looking up at the butt. The legs are going out to either side, and the little winkie is in the middle (the arrow is pointing to it!).

I guarantee you, this is the first and last time that you will see a winkie on this family blog. :)

Now, we need your help, faithful blog readers. We had been so focused on girls names, that we are not knowing where to begin with the boys names. We would like suggestions from ALL of you, please! Either leave a comment or e-mail us directly, we would LOVE to hear your suggestions!

(Obviously, names like "Owen Bo Bowin" and "Edwardo Bowin" will NOT be considered - but feel free to recommend whatever you like - we do reserve the right to veto any and all names. Sorry, I had to put that in there, I know some of you and the way you think). :)

2 BOYS!!! What am I going to do with myself????!!!!!?!?!? :)

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Yeah! Congrats on your new little man! How exciting! (I was a little scared of the thought of having a girl. I knew what to expect from a bo.y) I'm really glad to hear everything is okay. I've been worried about and praying for you. I can only imagine your fears. Steven was my less active baby (in-utero, not real life), but I had him first. Had I had Natalie first, I would have panicked the second time around, because Natalie was, and still is, a mover and a shaker.

Counter