Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Acta Update

I had my 4-month checkup this morning.....

Dr. Julie said that my measurements appeared that I was at week 20 or 21, not at 18. So now she is beginning to question just how far along I am. Also, we had a very difficult time finding the heartbeat. This was very scary for me, because I haven't been feeling Acta move as much as I think s/he should be. Maybe this is because Alex was a very active baby, and this one may just be more mellow - but it's also scaring me, because I am not for certain if I have felt the baby or not. Then when Dr. Julie couldn't find the heartbeat (I bet she tried for a good 10 minutes), that was again, very scary. The only thing that is reassuring me right now is that the placenta still had a pulse - and she said that if the placenta didn't have a pulse, then she would be extremely worried.

So she scheduled my ultrasound for as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the earliest "non-emergency" time they could get me in is on the 16th. However, if I begin bleeding or have severe cramping, I am to call and they can get me in right away. Dr. Julie said that it's a good thing because my blood pressure is still relatively low (122/80), and I haven't had any bleeding so far. She said that if I had one or the other of those, then she would push for an earlier time/date.

So that's the latest word. With the ultrasound she also wants to see just how far along I am - so maybe November 2 isn't the due date! I said that gauging the way that Alex was, this baby will be born December 28! :) (For those of you that don't know, Alex was due October 14, and I was FINALLY induced on the 30th - the nurse had written by due date wrong on the Dr.'s paperwork....!)

Say a little prayer for all of us, please! And pray for peace and patience for me until the 16th!

3 comments:

Claudia said...

I'm praying for you. Why is it that both of our second little ones have caused anxiety. Hopefully Acta just isn't as active as Alex. Steven and Natalie were just the opposite (mellow Steven, active Natalie), which is ironic, because they're personalities are just the opposite of THAT!

davefrank said...

I'll second what Claudia said, because you and Elly were two totally different pregnancies. That said, it's all in God's good hands. You four are in our prayers.

Daryl and Annette said...

Claudia and Le were right. Dallas was so different from Andy that we hadn't even seriously picked out a boy's name. We will pray that everything turns out well, and for peace of mind for us all as we wait.

Counter