Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

...to all of you wonderful fathers out there. We are blessed to know a number of wonderful fathers - and had outstanding fathers growing up (they are STILL outstanding!), we are so blessed to have ALL of these wonderful fathers in our life.

This morning, after church, I wanted to take a picture of "my boys" - and got a better picture than I could have dreamed of!! This was the one and only shot - Alex must be getting used to this camera thing!! :)



Happy Father's Day, Andy - Alex and I are so lucky to have you in our life. :)

Now on to the past events since our last post.

Thursday Alex and I drove down to Broken Bow to surprise Daddy by taking him out to lunch. It's not easy to surprise Andy, because he can tell when I am "hiding" something. I had just asked him to call me when he was done at the nursing home in Broken Bow, so that Alex and I could "swoop" in and pick him up and take him to lunch. He, of course, asked, "Why?" And he could tell from my, "Oh, no reason - just so we can talk.......yeah." answer that something was up. I do think that he was a little surprised, even though I think that he had pretty much figured out what was going on. We went to the new Runza - it was OUTSTANDING!!! I don't think that I have ever had a better "fast food" meal in my life! Yum!

Friday Alex and I spent most of the day doing laundry, cleaning, and getting ready for the ball game that night. We drove down to Boelus (about 1 hour away - by Grand Island) for a Seniors game. DCB (The Dannebrog-Cairo-Boelus) team has only a Seniors' team, so there was only one game. They have the most beautiful field - trees, grass, playground, running water - the only drawback is that it is by the river so the bugs were terrible. We seemed to be spraying every hour or so - Alex walked away unscathed, but Andy and I have a few new bites. The guys took DCB to 7 innings (their ball games are only 7) - which was a "moral victory" for them because DCB has been a state qualifier for a LONG time - they have a pretty solid program. The final score was 9-0, and the guys were so happy that they held them to only 9.

Saturday we spent that morning cleaning out the bathroom because it's going to be getting it's makeover beginning Monday. We sorted through stuff that should have been thrown away a long time ago, and put "like" stuff together. So, the bathroom is cleaned out and ready to go. Then Andy had 2 games (both Juniors and Seniors) in Broken Bow. Last time the Juniors played them, they lost 26-8. This time they barely lost in the bottom of the 7th - 12-11. Broken Bow is the best team these guys will play all season, so them holding up a great defensive game was outstanding. They made Broken Bow come from behind to win - they really played great. The Seniors on the other hand - let's just say that they had fun. One of the radio announcers that was there said on his broadcast, "I don't think that I have ever seen this before - every player has been to bat here in the first inning, and every single player has scored a run!" Yeah. Andy went through 4 pitchers in the 3-inning game. (There's a 15 run rule - where if one team is winning by 15 after 3 innings, the game is over.) 3 of those pitchers were in the first inning. The final score was 16-1. They managed to score 1 run, so they were happy with that.

Then on to today - we took Andy out to Country Neighbor for their lunch special. Roast Beef, BBQ Pork Loin, or Country-Fried Steak. This afternoon we are working on cleaning the garage so there's room to work in there with the remodel, laundry, and the lawn. My folks, Grandma Le and Grandpa Dave are on their way up as we speak (although I haven't heard from them yet - they were to leave at 1, and it's now 3:45) - but they were going to be having supper in Lincoln with my grandparents. They should be pulling in (hopefully) before bedtime.

Well, that's all for now - sorry it's so long. We will have pictures of our remodel as we are going - we are VERY excited!! :)

Friday

No comments:

Counter