Thursday, June 12, 2008

W!

YAY! Andy's team pulled out a win last night! They had been playing really well, and they needed this.....good for them. :) Unfortunately, Alex and I weren't able to watch the whole game, as the little man was exhausted and insisted on running into the parking lot every time I wasn't holding his hand. I was too tired already, so we left at the end of the 5th inning. He fell asleep in the car on the way home, and didn't even rowse the slightest when I pulled him out of his carseat and laid him on the couch. About an hour later, I tried to wake him up so he could play for a while and then go to bed late - no luck. He was still out. Even at the mention of ice cream (which he LOVES), no response. He slept well until about 1:30 - then woke up screaming. After pulling him into bed with us, he was out. I wish I could figure out what goes on inside that boy's head....

Speaking of what goes on inside his head.......

What makes these pictures especially puzzling is that he was trotting all around the house yelling, "Daddy! Daddy!" When he got no response from his beloved father (because Daddy was at work), he began the, "Andy! Andy!" routine. (For those of you who don't know, when Andy doesn't respond to the "Daddy" call, Alex will begin yelling "Andy". It's actually pretty funny now - I know that soon it won't be. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for naming me "Christine" - it will be YEARS before he can pronounce that!!) :)

Anyway, back to the puzzling pictures......this morning, before Andy left, Alex wanted NOTHING to do with Andy. He tried getting him his milk, juice, and water because he was thirsty - and Alex didn't want anything that Dad handed to him....he wouldn't even give Andy a hug goodbye! Now that Andy's been gone for over 1 1/2 hours, I think that I have heard the "Daddy, Andy" combo at least 500 times. Alex has even resorted to looking out the window and to every passing car - "Daddy!!??" Sorry, little man, today's Thursday and we don't get to see Daddy until late in the afternoon (today's Andy's day to go to Burwell, then to Broken Bow, back to Sargent, and then to Ord - I couldn't keep it all straight - I don't know how he does....)

Anyway, that's the story. :) No ball games tonight, but we have one Friday night and two Saturday night. Then we take a break for about a week - Grandma Le and Grandpa Dave are coming up on Sunday to begin helping us with our "big" remodel. Then Great-Grandpa Frank (and maybe Great-Grandma Frank - she hasn't decided yet, we are still working on getting her to come out here, too!) comes on Tuesday. Don't worry, there will be LOTS of pictures!

Have a great day! :)

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Poor Alex. I bet he was really regretting not saying bye to daddy.

Counter