Thursday, June 26, 2008

House Update...

Sorry, "somebody" - no pics of Alex here, so you can just go ahead and stop reading.

For the rest of you - - :)

The bathroom floor is "finished" with the mortar at least. All of the tile is laid, and as of tonight, it could be walked on - but the guys will probably finish tackling that tomorrow. Could I have a toilet by tomorrow?? Oh, happy day!! :) Going all the way downstairs in the black of night is getting a little old, but I am NOT going to complain - this is turning out really cool!! :)
So the guys worked on the kitchen today. The first obstacle was getting the glued-on carpeting up. I tried to help the guys, but they wouldn't let me - - but with a pair of vicegrips and a utility knife, they made short work of that ugly carpeting.
This is what was left behind.....
Everyone had to wear shoes, because you STUCK to the floor! Stick, stick, stick!! :) And if you stayed in place for too long, it really took an effort to move again. All of the appliances from the kitchen are now in the living room, plus the dryer. The washing machine is on the back patio, covered in garbage bags because it's pouring outside. Here's what my living room looks like....(notice also the countertops in the pictures above - I have no space left!!)
Then it was on to the "green stuff"- underlayment or something - that has to go down before the wood floor goes down. Here's a shot of the "first plank" - -
This is as far as the guys got tonight, they had to make a few difficult cuts, but the floor is in front of the sink, and will continue into the laundry room.

There's our update from today - I am going to bed now!! :)

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Oh, I'm really excited to see all of these projects finished. Now the question is... Are these projects the result of an insane pregnant lady nesting or what? All I know is that these projects would have driven me insane while I was pregnat. First the toilet, then the relocated fridge. You are a brave soul, girl!

Counter