Thursday, April 24, 2008

We're OK!

Hello all!


Sorry, this post may disappoint because we don't have any pictures of the little guy, but we did want to let you all know that we are still alive - just tired!! We have had a few major events happen - not to us - but very close to us in the past few days.


First of all, a couple of days ago, as I turned the corner onto our street, they had the road blocked off in front of our house. I saw a bunch of branches laying in the street - and thought that one of our neighbors must have taken a tree down. Then I got out of the car - and was MORTIFIED!!! The lady who just moved in across the street, Connie, had cut down the most beautiful tree in the state!!!! Not only did she take the tree down, but the rest of the bushes as well - - I couldn't believe it! I am showing a picture of the latest snowstorm, where there is a good shot of the neighbor's yard.




It is just so bare now - all this dirt in her front yard, and no beautiful tree! The birds that had already made nests in the tree were just walking along the sidewalks, looking lost. Maybe it's my hormonal heart, but I was a little upset!! I mean, how dare she?? (Like she should have consulted me before she did that - right?!!!??) :)
The second bit of news - that's not so happy - but very serious, is that the lady who lived behind us passed away this morning. At about 6:30 this morning, the whistle went off (in small towns, whenever there's a fire or medical emergency, the whistle goes off to alert the volunteer responders), and we didn't think anything of it. I was getting Alexander dressed as it happened, and he looked at me funny. I said to him, "Uh oh, something bad has happened - let's hope everyone is ok." About 5 minutes later I noticed the lights reflecting on the blinds on the back side of the house. When I opened them up, I saw the men all rushing in. Andy's aide, Julie, said at work today that one of her closest friends had passed away this morning - and he put two and two together. While we didn't know her well, she had two sons that are college age, and she and her husband seemed very close. Their home was busy tonight - I am sure with friends and family, but please keep them in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
On a MUCH happier note, one of my elementary/high school friends was scheduled to have her little girl today (she had to be enduced - her little one showed no plans of making an entrance anytime soon!). I haven't heard officially yet, but pray that Mom, Dad, Steven (the older brother) and Natalie (the new little one's name) are all doing well. If you look at the link to the right, they are "The Smith's." Yay for the happy family!!! :) We'll be joining you in 6 months with a little bundle of our own!! :)
That's all for tonight! Take care, and hug the ones you love! We love you all!!!!!! :)

1 comment:

Counter