Monday, April 21, 2008

Flat head, fertilizer, and sock fuzz

Andy here again!

I am continuously amazed my son doesn't have a flat spot on his head. Twice tonight, he fell and bonked his head, adding to the multitude of times he slipped and bonked his head on the Home Depot concrete on Saturday. First, he decided to show off his climbing skills by climbing on top of the arm rest of the couch. Unfortunately, he forgot to bring his balance with him, because he fell of the end of the couch and tried to dent my floor. Later, he climbed on top of his zebra bouncy toy. He was standing on the seat, but still holding the handle bars and giggling. Then he let go of the handle bars and stood up tall...for a second. Then he proceeded to flip over the handle bars and hit the floor again. The boy is a concussion waiting to happen.

We decided to fertilize the lawn tonight, and of course, Alex had to help. For me, wanting to an efficient person, it was quite frustrating to move at the pace of an unsteady toddler, but he helped me push for a little while (we will have pictures another time). After a while, he got bored and ran off to play. As I was going, I would pick up the occasional piece of trash and toss it in the spreader to carry with me until I got close to the trash can. Well, Alex picked up on this and started chasing me around the yard, looking for stuff to toss in the spreader.

Finally, tonight I was sitting on the couch with Alex right before bed time. I pulled off his socks so his little piggies could breathe. I looked over a few seconds later, and he was very carefully picking the sock fuzz from between his toes, and then putting it in his mouth. I tried telling him to stop, but I was laughing so hard that I started coughing uncontrollably and Christine had to run in to stop him. The funniest thing was, he would put a piece of fuzz in his mouth, make the ewwww face, spit it out, and then repeat with the next piece of fuzzy.

Funny little boy.

Hope my stories brighten your day, or at least make your baloney sandwich taste a little better in comparison to sock fuzz.

No comments:

Counter