Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Bike Ride!

The weather here today was BEAU-TI-FUL!!! I hope that all of you are experiencing the same outstanding temperatures that we are.

It was 65 when we got home, and we decided to dust off the bikes and go for a ride. We were finally able to find someplace that sold toddler helmets (Wal-Mart only has 3 years and older), so we were finally able to go for a ride. Alex was good with the seat and being strapped in, but once the helmet went on - we had issues.

He was crying so loud that the neighbor across the street (who was reading on her porch) asked if everything was okay......yeah, just a cranky baby! Once we got going, he settled down a little bit, but would still whimper every few blocks or so.

Here's a picture of the "happy" man - - (we tried a cork to muffle the screaming)



And a picture of us riding together! (It was a little odd riding with extra-shifting weight on there - I had always been used to riding by myself and adjusting for only me - it takes a little bit of practice having someone else on the bike with you!!)



Julie, our childcare lady, sent home this picture today. I don't know when she took it, but it's a crawling-days one. (The date on the back says 8/26/07) I don't know where that outfit came from, but I can't imagine the dark hair and chubby baby in that one!



Speaking of baby - -


1 comment:

Claudia said...

Three part comment to your three part post:

Part 1: I cannot wait to start riding my bike again! I have a bike trailer for the back of my bike. Natalie will be too small for it for a long time, but Nate can always watch her while Steven and I go for a ride!

Part 2: WOW!! It's amazing how much toddlers slim down when they start walking. I mean, Alex was never a chunk, but he's so much more lithe now! What a cutie, as always!

Part 3: AHHHH!!!! You can't do this to a hormonal pregnant lady!! I started to cry when I saw your last picture. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Okay, now you have to give details... How far along are you? When are you due? How far apart will Alex and new bean be?

Counter