Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Mmmmm Fish Sticks!

Today, as I was driving home and thinking about supper, I had a "craving" for fish sticks. Don't ask me where it came from, but I got to thinking - is fish safe for babies? Now, I know that fish sticks aren't the top-of-the-line king salmon or swordfish - they're like a casserole of the underwater world. But anyways, I tried to remember if I had read anything stating that fish was a no-no for kids.

So I came home and logged on to the good ol' internet - and nothing jumped out at me saying it's not safe. So here we are eating our fish sticks. I wanted to get a video of Alex's first underwater-food experience - so here it is! He warmed up to them a lot more as the meal went on, the first bite is always the funniest!



(This is a YouTube video - I couldn't get the Blogger video to work - so sorry it's in a different format!)

So we hope you enjoy - nothing too exciting, just our little man growing more and more every day.....and adding new experiences to it all! :)

**Thanks for all of the advice (via phone calls and emails) about the nap situation. We talked to Julie today and she encouraged longer naps at childcare today. When Alex came home, he was going a mile a minute and CRASHED hard at about 8:30 - I won't complain - we had an AWESOME night at home PLAYING instead of napping!!!! :)

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Not only is fish not bad, but some fish is VERY good for babies. Salmon has some AWESOME brain building fats. I should imagine that you should watch out for mercury, but that's true of everyone, not just pregnant women.

Counter