Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dr. Appt Update

Here's the short update on the little man, and how things are going.

I saw Dr. Lawrence today, everything was good-blood pressure, oxygen levels, he's growing to just the right size, all of my measurements looked good. She thinks that there will be no problems inducing on the 27th, so for now, we are still a "go". However, she thinks that he may decide to come into this world on his own before then......hmmm....something else for me to worry about. She will just do a "quick" check of me next Monday, and then she won't need to see me again until we meet at the hospital - whether it's to induce or otherwise. :)

Yesterday I had contractions on and off all day (more "on" than "off"). None of them were consistent - I would have one and then another 2 minutes later, and then the next one wouldn't come for another 15 minutes. Some were pretty painful, others were pretty low-key. When I finally got home after the VB game, I took a short nap on the couch and that took care of them. I have had only a couple today, very sporadic, but it still keeps me thinking of when he is going to make his appearance. I know - God has it all under control.......but I just wish that I had a little clue. :)

VB update - the girls couldn't serve a ball to save their lives yesterday, so we lost. We won the first set 26-24, then lost the next two 17-25 and 26-28. So, today in practice we served the ball.....a LOT. Hopefully we can get it all figured out before Saturday, that's when the tournament in Bassett is. (Yes, we have a back-up plan in case I go into labor before or during the tournament.....just in case.)

Thanks for all of the support and prayers - it's hard to believe that in 13 days (or less) we'll have a little man here! Which brings me to clue #3 - review the posts we had in August.......

5 comments:

davefrank said...

Got it.
How inventive!

davefrank said...

Love the name! Dad took the time to share with me the clues. I can't believe the time is so close. I better start packing our bags too. Love and prayers, Mom

Tracie and Tori said...

okay---how come I cannot figure this out!!! I have searched--perhaps I am just blind!! Tori and I are praying for you!!

Daryl and Annette said...

You guys are pretty creative! I love the name, by the way. My favorite of your choices.

Claudia said...

I'm with Tracie and Tori. No clue despite three clues. I guess I'll wait. Or you could throw me a bone on my blog, Dave...

Counter