Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Toads and Oven Mitts

I know, odd title - but that's what this post is about! :)

This morning Alex and I left for my Dr. appt. When we stepped outside, we noticed a little brown toad sitting at the bottom of our stairs. As we went down 2 of the stairs, he jumped, and then Alex noticed him. Alex stopped and just watched the toad. We would probably still be sitting out there watching if I didn't have somewhere we needed to be (and providing the toad would actually sit in the same place for that long....)

Anyway, when we got back home, the toad was still around the stairs, this time over by the garage door. We, of course, had to stop and look for a while. Alex noticed the toad's "neck" going in and out, and Alex tried to mimick that by pulling the skin on his own neck and chin in and out. I am constantly amazed at just how observant that little boy is!!

After lunch and naps, we went to the clinic to see Daddy. (He was having a slow afternoon, and I think Alex wanted to get out of the house - plus my shoulder was hurting....) Yep, the toad was still there. We watched him for a while, until he hopped into the grass.


Once we got back home with Daddy, our little friend was still there, but this time Andy went inside to get the camera to record Alex and his new little buddy. He (the toad) likes to crawl under the car - so I'll have to check behind the tires before I back out for a little while. :)


And now to the "oven mitts" portion of our post. Alex knows where they are in the drawer in the kitchen, and tonight it was just too cute because he had them on both arms, and they were nearly up to his armpits! Guess I don't have to worry about him getting burned (not that he's going anywhere NEAR a hot oven anytime soon!)

On a "sadder" note - I go back to work tomorrow......this summer has been so much fun! I am going to miss the extra time with my little guy, but I also feel so very blessed that I am able to have the summertime to spend with him. I am excited about quite a few of the things that will be happening at school this year, so that should help the year to go by quickly - - but tomorrow morning will be tough leaving him!!

No comments:

Counter