Thursday, August 7, 2008

Funny Guy!

Hey - it's been a crazy week already, and school hasn't started yet! I guess I don't know where the time has gone, it seems like last week was May, and here I go back to school next week already! While I am excited to get a lot of things done this school year, I am NOT looking forward to leaving my little man again! Oh, well, I need to be thankful that I get the summers off to spend time with him (Andy keeps reminding me that the rest of the world has to work all 12 months!)

Last night we worked in the yard - it was the first night this week that was actually cool enough to be outside. Andy mowed and took care of the weeds, and Alex and I supervised and followed a couple of snakes around. He's still a little shy of the mower, so he needs to be very close to someone while it's going. While Andy was mowing, here's the character who was sitting behind me on the stairs playing (pulling) my hair......


Then tonight we went down to the fairgrounds, because the Valley County Fair is going on. While there are no rides or anything like that, they do have a lot of livestock out, and this was Alex's chance to get "up close and personal" with some of the things that we don't have easy access to. They did have a chainsaw artist, it was pretty cool to watch him turn a 5-foot piece of tree trunk into a frog, and Alex sat and watched for a good 30 minutes. I think that it was the noise that kept him entertained. Next it was on to the cows. We all walked over to the area where they were, and Alex stopped DEAD in his tracks about 15 feet away from the first cow. He was NOT to be moved. I talked to him a little about it, and then he was okay - if he was being held. We went over and watched the cow eat and drink, and he (she?) even gave us a little "moo". I'll admit - if it hadn't been tied up, I would not have gone that close, either. Those things are HUGE!! They did have some younger cows there, too, and Alex was a little less clingy around them. We also walked around and looked at the sheep, goats, pigs, ducks, roosters, bunnies, and even the pigeons. Alex really seemed to love the roosters, a few of them were calling as we walked by. Of course, Alex had to mimic all of the sounds that they made, and if he heard a new sound, we tried to make that one too. Luckily, I was the only one who stepped in poo, so we didn't have to worry about messing up the house once we got home.

It was good to get out of the house, because I think that Alex is finally getting ready to push two more teeth through. He woke up literally screaming this morning, and his demeanor didn't improve much throughout the day. I broke down and gave him some Tylenol around 3 (he didn't feel hot - he was just very cranky), and he was better for a while. He showed quite the burst of energy when Daddy got home, and they had fun playing for about 2o minutes, then it was back to the better half of the day's disposition. He seemed to be feeling okay at the fair, but once we got home - cranky!! Both Andy and I felt his gums, and we think that we have the tip of one of them - - and it's a ways back, so it might be a molar. Poor guy - I just wish that all the pain would go away. Hopefully he'll get a good night's sleep tonight and have a better day tomorrow. (He fell asleep on my lap tonight around 8:30 - he had been snugly all day, and I looked down, and he was OUT!)

On another note - I went in to see the Dr. yesterday because I have had terrible indigestion for the past week or so. And on Monday I began itching ALL OVER - legs, back, stomach, face, arms......so I called to see if there was anything that I could take, and the nurse asked me to come in and see Dr. Julie. SO, they put me on cimetidine (generic for Tagamet), because that will help with the indigestion and the itching. I was taking around 10 Tums a day - spaced out throughout the day, and chewing on ice chips for pretty much the entire day. It was the only thing that seemed to help...but then bedtime was miserable. Eating bland foods didn't help either, which is why I decided to call. Luckily, I don't have a rash or anything, so that makes me feel better. 2 days into the pills and I haven't taken a Tums yet!! :) The itching is getting better, which is why Dr. Julie went with this pill - I guess it's supposed to help treat both symptoms...who knew!?!?!!

Well, I guess that's it - I have rambled long enough for one post. :) Have a HAPPY FRIDAY everyone! :)

No comments:

Counter