Thursday, August 14, 2008

SUCH a big boy!!!

Wow - what a week this has been already, and Friday is yet to come! It's been a busy week for all of us - I'll try to remember and pass along all that I can remember.....

Saturday night, after I wrote the "Cork" post, I decided (on a whim) to try to put Alex to bed without his cork. He went right down - no problem! I was amazed, as I was almost certain that he would put up a fight. Sunday morning he woke up a little cranky, and we decided that we were already partway into the fight, so why give it all up now and return the cork to him? SO, he spent most of Sunday cranky - which was to be expected. He almost refused to sleep for his nap, but finally fell asleep around 3:45 (he's usually wanting to be sleeping by 1). And it seemed that everything that could make him cry did on Sunday. He was upset, and decided to throw himself on the floor, and in the meantime hit his head on his hew toolbench. He drew a little blood, right up by his hairline.....but then Sunday night he went to bed again, no problem. It seems that the nights are easier than the naptimes, I would have guessed the reverse. But, now that it's Thursday, he hasn't had a cork since Saturday, so I think that we are in the clear! Such a big boy!!

Monday and Tuesday Alex and I spent as much time together as we could. It was my last two days at home, and I hate how quickly the summer went. But, there's nothing that I can do to change anything, so I will make the most of all of the time that I have with him. Tuesday we went to my Dr. appt, and all is going well. Next time she is going to transfer me to the delivery Dr., so we will see who that will be!! :)

Wednesday I went back to school - it was SO hot!! I missed my air-conditioned home, and I missed my boys!! There are a lot of exciting things happening at school this year, so hopefully that will help the time pass. Plus, there's going to be a baby coming in early November, so that will help break up the school year too! :)

Which brings us to the MOST exciting news of this post - the NEW BIG BOY BEDROOM!! We didn't want to have to buy another crib, as Alex is still in the transition-bed that his crib used to be. So, we have a twin size bed that we were planning on letting Alex have. Still in the same bedroom (Alex and Acta will share a room), but in the big boy bed! We found some matching crib and twin sets, and then ran with the theme. We picked something Alex loves, because we want him to be excited about sleeping in his new bed. We brought the bed up tonight (we didn't do the headboard and frame, because in case he rolls out, that's a long way down! AND, I can't find those bedrail things that slide under the mattress - I've looked everywhere!!!), and laid the mattress and boxspring on the floor. Alex helped us put the sheets on the bed, and take all of the animal things out of the room. (We had a safari theme). We set up his new lamp, rug, night light, pillows, quilts, artwork - it's all set up! We left his transitional bed alone, because if he wants to still sleep in that bed, that's fine. He has a while to move over to the other bed. But, seeing how excited he was setting it all up, I will be surprised if he doesn't want to sleep in his new bed tonight.

So, here are the pictures of the NEW BIG BOY BEDROOM!!!

His bed - with all sorts of sports things!!

His new baseball lamp (we have to watch this, he has tried to throw the ball in the past!)

His rug.....

This HAS to be the world's coolest pillow - the ball stays in AND.......

......it comes out!!The clothes hamper......

The new night light!

The new "art"

And Alex LOVING his new bed! There were even a couple of times that he looked at Andy and I, laid down, and said, "Night, night." If I let him fall asleep at 7, I can only imagine what time he would wake up ready to go.......how funny!!

Alex using his new hammer (from his tool bench) and helping Andy hang up the pictures....SUCH a big boy!!!!


And the "boring" transitional bed. It looks so bare - but once Alex has given it up, we have stuff ready to dress it up too!! :)

This video we shot a couple of nights ago, Alex was dancing to his fridge magnet set - it was just too cute not to pass along!! Enjoy!!

Don't forget to vote for your favorite baby names! It's been interesting to see what you all think as we talk to you and see the results of your votes on here.

Have a GREAT Friday!! :)

2 comments:

Daryl and Annette said...

I love the new bedroom! It's so perfect for your two boys. I bet Alex is going to love the new look.

Claudia said...

SO AWESOME!!

Maybe I should try the cold turkey method. Or I could just shoot myself in the foot. I can only imagine that the pain would be similar! I'm so glad it has been successful for you.

Counter