Thursday, May 22, 2008

Update from Wednesday!

Hello from a dreary, rainy, central Nebraska day! The rain will be wonderful for the grass, but there has been some lightening and thunder with it - I could do without that, but I'll take the rain!

Here's our update from yesterday: Alex had his 18-month appointment (almost a month late due to the ear infection), and all looked good. Dr. Julie was happy that he was cutting a new tooth, and said that all looks good. I had asked her when kids are "diagnosed" with seasonal allergies, because it seems that whenever we are outdoors, or have the windows open, his nose is running like a fountain! He also rubs at his eyes constantly, as well as his nose. He suggested some Claritin for when we know we are going to be outside, and to try only half of the dose. We tried it last night - his nose still ran, but it didn't seem to be rubbing his eyes and nose as much as he had in the past. For now, I think that we will do this only on "game days" and when we will be spending all day outside. I don't want to overdo it. She addressed a little rash that he has on his chin, and gave us a couple of things to try with that - and then came the shot. Alex hadn't slept ALL morning, despite my best efforts, and it took the nurses at least 30 minutes to come up with the ONE shot! Luckily, there was a rocking chair in the room, and Alex was content to rock with me. When they finally came in, he was out. I laid him on the table, praying that he would just sleep through the shot - wrong!! He woke up with a vengence! It didn't take him long to settle down, though, then we were off.
When we got home, Alex "helped" me fold some laundry. Actually, he threw it out of the basket, and then pushed the basket all over the living room.

Then it was off to the ball game. It was mid-60's, which would normally be great weather. Unfortunately, there was a strong wind that was going and going, and blew all sorts of crap up into the air. So, it made for a rather chilly night. The teams both played well for their first games of the season, the Juniors made a couple of costly errors, so they ended up losing, but they really looked promising. The Seniors on the other hand, still played well, but were blown to smitherines.
This morning, Alex was so very tired! He woke up a little later than usual, at 7:30, and I was getting ready. He wanted up on our bed, so I put him up there as I got dressed. I turned around, and this was what I saw:


He slept until 8:30!!! New record for the little man!

Well, he's done eating breakfast, so we are off to the church's rummage sale to see if we can't find anything we can't live without! :)

No comments:

Counter