Sunday, December 16, 2007

Recovery Weekend!

The flu bug has hit central Nebraska - and we were all down with it at some point. Alex and I had it earlier in the week, and Andy came down with it towards the end of the week. But, as I post tonight, we are all feeling much better. Andy still has an upset stomach every now and then, but nothing like it was. We spent all weekend on the BRAT diet - it's bland, but it sure does work!! :)

Alex has really started to use his arms and hands when he is talking - they really add to his expressions! Here are a few photos of the weekend - as he was eating, he told us some really interesting stories!





Saturday we did venture out to see Santa - he was only about two blocks away, so we shot over quick to see him. Alex wasn't too sure - he didn't even want to give Santa five! So, Andy and I sat down, with Alex on my lap, next to Santa, and then the SCREAMING started! I think that he was ready for a nap, so that didn't help the situation. After a minute with his cork, he was ready for the picture. So this year we have a family shot with Santa - all 4 of us - Andy, Alex, Cork, and myself. :) We should get the picture back tomorrow, so I will post it tomorrow. :)

This morning we all went to church - and we found an outfit that Alex hadn't worn yet. He was ABSOLUTELY adorable!! Here we are - he's giving a little of that "Alex charm" to the camera (actually, I think that he YELLED right after this shot was taken!).....


Church was extra-long this morning - we had the choir cantata, communion, and a bunch of other things. It was a beautiful service, which I am certain I would have enjoyed more if the little 13-month-old knew how to use an "indoor voice" - he was certainly active, and didn't really feel like being confined to the pew! He did wear himself out - and after fellowship hour, we came home. Alex just looked beat - here's a shot of the little man as he walked back into his room, ready to change out of his church clothes and ready for a nap.

Yes, one shoe was off, the tie was gone, the sleeves were no longer buttoned, the shirt was untucked, his coat was falling off - and he had his beloved cork.

We had a nice Sunday - the sun came out and we did get the cars cleaned out a little - all of this snow and yuck is getting old (and it's not even winter yet!!!!) Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alex after church--what a hoot.
Reminds me of the way I look when I get home from church!

Counter