Friday, October 19, 2007

Dentures!

I have long been saying that Alex is going to be the only two-year old with dentures. He just doesn't seem to be in too much of a hurry to grow any teeth.....but here we are, 12 days before the little man's first birthday, and he has to prove me wrong once again. :)

ALEX HAS A TOOTH!!

Yes, you read right - the little man has a little white protrusion from his lower gum.

Alex has had a runny nose off and on for the last two months. It's always been clear, so I haven't been worried about an infection or anything. He hasn't been abnormally fussy, and hasn't been running a temp. So, a tooth was the last thing on our minds - -

So how did oblivious Mom realize that this tooth was coming in? Well, I DID notice this morning that Alex had a little fuzzy thing on his lip. As I grabbed the fuzz ball, I felt something hard in his mouth. I immediately thought that he had a rock or something in his mouth, so I pried the jaws open and began the massive manhunt (er, rockhunt in this instance). Nothing under the tongue, along the sides, it was nowhere to be found. I was about to give up, when my finger again swiped the hard object. I knew I had it this time.....until I realized that it was a TOOTH!! I hollered for Andy, and he came bolting in - he didn't believe me, so he had to feel the gum for himself. Sure enough, our little guy is teething........

Here are a couple of shots of the happy-tooth-man :)


I know that it's been a while since I posted last, and we have been busy with some home improvements.....

First, our new TV and entertainment center (along with Alex's toys):



Our new dining room light:


We are SO happy that we don't have to buy dentures anymore. :) I hope that ALL of Alex's teeth are able to "sneak in" on us - what a character! So for those of you planning on contributing to the denture fund for his birthday, you'll need to find something else to get him. :) Have a GREAT weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was always told that the longer their teeth took to come in, the healthier they would be. Alex ought to have very healthy teeth!

Counter