Friday, December 12, 2008

LONG overdue update!

Well, pull up a chair, get yourself your favorite beverage of choice, and prepare for some good long reading.....because it's been waaaaay too long, and I'll do my best to bring everyone up to speed on what's been going on in the Bowin household.

Last week was nice - it was my last week at home, so it was a little sad, but I think that I would go "stir crazy" at home, so it was best to get back to work. (More on "work" later - -) This past weekend Andy worked on getting lights on the house, and it looks really nice. (I have to get a picture - -it's so cold outside at night that it's hard to get motivated to get outside to snap a shot. Maybe you just have to come visit if you want to see the lights. :) Anyway, Andy got out his gloves to wear as he was outside, but someone else got a hold of them.
Yes, the gloves went up past his elbows.
We got a lot done around the house - it seems to get dirty way too quick! Laundry piles up quicker than I ever noticed before....but I guess it comes with the territory. (I'm not going to complain - I am VERY thankful for EVERYTHING that we have!)
Alex, while watching his movie one night, decided to find a new use for his prayer stool......juice and milk holder!

This video is of one night when Alex was in a singing mood.....he is singing the ABC's, only he gets caught up at, "W, X" and just repeats those two. I didn't get the beginning, I was trying to be secretive with the camera.....but you have most of it.

Alex also came up with a new game - - notice the pajamas - he's into dressing himself now! Just too funny!

Now on to this week - I went back to work on Monday, it was hard to leave Zach, but Annette (Andy's mom) was here, so that made it easier knowing that he was going to be well taken care of. I had a short week, because I had the external visit at Ansley on Wednesday, and Andy had his surgery today. I could get used to 3-day workweeks.

As for Zach's 6-week checkup, here are the updates. He was 12 lbs., 4 oz. (up from 8 lbs. 8.5 oz. when he was born), length was 22.5 inches (up from 20 inches at birth), and his head circumference was 15.5 inches (up from 14 inches at birth). I keep saying the boy is going to eat me out of house and home, and now I have the proof!! He also got three shots, so he's a little cranky tonight.

Andy's surgery went well - he's actually feeling better than he thought that he would, and even ate two helpings of supper tonight! (It was the first food he'd had in 24 hours, so he had to be hungry!) He's a little groggy, and is trying to get as much sleep at possible with two young 'ens in the house. Hopefully he can get a good sleep tonight (something he hasn't had in months) and be feeling well tomorrow. I'll be getting him up to take his pain meds every two hours....we aren't going to let the pain get ahead of us, we're going to take it for at least the first 48 hours for sure.....

That's what's going on in a small nutshell here.....it's taken me 3+ hours to get this typed, so I had better publish before it doesn't get done at all. I know that I am leaving stuff out, but I did hit the highlights of this past few weeks....

Until who knows when.....take care and Merry Christmas! (only 13 days away now!!)

2 comments:

davefrank said...

We're keeping all of you in our prayers. I'm especially grateful that Andy's surgery went well.

Claudia said...

Okay, sorry I haven't commented for a long time. I seem to be exceptionally busy and can only sneak online when Steven's running around. You know how it is... I don't like spending too much time on the computer when he's up. That's not fair to him.

Alright, excuses aside...

I LOVE the huge gloves on Alex. He's such a cutie!
I've really enjoyed your posts with both of your boys. So, maybe we're not done having babies afterall. You like like your having a pretty good time. (Don't tell Nate I said that!)

Counter