Tuesday, November 27, 2007

O Christmas Tree - - -

Yes, I know - - Advent doesn't technically start until Sunday, but we HAD to get the tree up! We have it in the corner of our living room, and it just seems to bring happy thoughts and feelings whenever I look at it. Christmas HAS to be my favorite time of year - not only because of the tree and the snowmen (which I LOVE), but because of all of the wonderful memories I have from Christmas throughout my childhood, and even as my own family has now grown, I look forward to sharing this wonderful holiday with our son.

Yes, some of my snowmen are donning the base of the tree - and my VeggieTales nativity set is on the left (the VeggieTales is the only nativity set that is "Alex-able" - where the pieces are fine for a 13-month-old to play with). Unfortunately, there aren't many of my other nativity sets - they will have to wait a year or two until the little man is able to contain himself just a little better. :)

So here is our tree - ready to celebrate the season! Now on to the shopping, Christmas cards, family get-togethers, holiday baking and goodies, but most importantly - the reason we celebrate any Christmas at all - Jesus.


We wish all of you a Blessed Christmas season - as you prepare everything, take time to truly remember what Christmas is all about, and share it with those you love.

No comments:

Counter