Saturday, November 22, 2008

Yes, We're Alive!

Hello! It's been a whole week since we last posted - and tonight's post almost didn't happen! We're finding that we don't have a whole lot of extra time with two children (surprise, surprise), so the blog posts have taken the backseat. Any extra time we do have is spent cleaning, laundry, or remembering what adult conversation is like. So, we apologize for the infrequency of our posts, but we'll get something up every once in a while.

One of the strangest things that has happened is that Squiggles the cat has taken a STRONG liking to Zachary. I don't remember her being this protective with Alex - - it's strange. At night, Squiggles will sit/lay on the bed, just watching Zach. If he cries, she's up immediately. If he's crying for more than 5 seconds, then she gets up and walks on my feet and legs as if to say, "Hey, you need to go take care of him!!" When he's on his changing table, and if he begins to cry (which usually happens with a poopy diaper - those wipes can be chilly!), Squiggles is on my feet or biting my TOES - - so I have taken to wearing socks most of the time to help soften the teeth marks. I have attached a few photos of during the day when Squiggles is guarding him. It's become pretty amusing, she really seems to care about him. We'll see how that sentiment changes once Zach becomes mobile. :)



Alex has another new addition to his room! We moved the TV from the kitchen into his room, so that he could watch his DVD's in the evening when we are getting supper ready. Here's a shot of him enjoying his movie while on his new couch.


Here are a few shots of Zach - when his eyes were WIDE open!! :) (With NO flash, of course!)



And, try as we may, we cannot seem to get a picture of Alex - - the boy is just too active! So, a video will have to do. Here we were watching football, and Alex got the idea, just too funny!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Sorry I haven't commented for awhile. If you've read my most recent posts, you might guess that we've been sick... Again... And my fingers hurts (all that joint pain), so it is not so pleasant to type. Even now...

Okay, lame excuse done. Now time for the reason of my comment!

Your pictures are WONDERFUL!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!! Zachary is adorable. I want another one... okay, maybe not!:) Seriously, though. I love those pics. Penny was much more resceptive to Natalie. I guess she must be thinking, "What's one more?" Although, Squiggles is adorable. I hear you on the fast moving toddler. I can hardly get a good close up of Steven anymore!

Counter