Sunday, September 27, 2009

Update from afar....

Hello! Once again life has gotten the better of us, and it's been a while since we posted.

The weekend after Labor Day we headed out to Colorado to watch the air show that Andy's hometown puts on. Grandma and Grandpa Bowin and Uncle Dallas all were helping with the air show, but we did get a chance to see Great-Grandma Marge, as well as Great-Gramdma and Grandpa Wagner. We didn't get to see anyone as much as we would have liked to, but we did have a great time for the little amount of time we were together.

The air show was amazing! It was super cold and rainy, but we had a canopy, so it was great to be out of the rain. We watched a parachuter, which Alex loved to see the ribbons hanging from her. They had a wing-walker, but they had to cancel their stunt because of the rain. (Yeah, I wouldn't want 100 mph hitting me as I tried to walk the slick wings of a plane....). They also had an F-16 there - that was breathtaking! I can't believe just how fast they can go - and I am sure we didn't even see half of what it can do! They advised us to cover the kids' ears when it would go by - and Alex needed it! Zach, however, fell asleep before the performance, and SLEPT THROUGH THE ENTIRE THING!!! I held him, just because I wanted to be able to cover his ears quickly and comfortably. One ear was up against my arm, and the other ear was under a blanket and my hand.....yet he still slept. I guess I don't need to worry about Alex waking him up in the middle of the night.....do I? ;)

Here are a few shots of us at the air show....(I need to get better with the camera!)

Zach, amongst the dirt and hay. :)

Alex, Zach, and I on the blankets at the air show. (Alex ended up falling asleep on my lap like this)

Zach watching the WWII reinactment. (Alex was really scared, so he and I went to the car and ate cotton candy) :)


When we got back, Alex had a surprise package for being potty trained!! (If we didn't share that already on the blog - yes, Alex is fully trained - even at night! Hurray!!) In it, there were a number of wonderful Thomas things - including his new Thomas puzzle. (he needed just a *little* bit of help) ;)


Zach chooses the most curious sleeping positions. Apparently, he was dreaming about teaching a kickboxing class....or karate.....or the can-can.......or aerobics.....or he's just being our Zach. :)


It's hard to believe that such a little boy can cause such a B-I-G mess!!


This past weekend we had guests! Kyle, Amy and their son Micah, as well as Tim, Kari, and their daughter Lucy all came out to visit. The guys spent most of Saturday and all of Sunday morning looking for turkeys. Unfortunately, all of the turkeys could only be seen from a distance, so they came home empty-handed. We did all get to watch the Husker game Saturday night, and that was the only shot I took the entire weekend! (I HAVE to get better about this camera thing!!) :)
On the far left, you can see Lucy's pink pant leg (she's about 2 weeks older than Zach), then Micah (who will be two in March), and you can barely see Zach's blond head over Alex's head....Kyle is laying across the floor. He was the human jungle gym for a good portion of the evening. :)
We had a great time - we NEED to get together more often!!
And a video of the boys playing well together - it's happening more and more often now. Alex still has to be reminded (frequently, at times) that Zach isn't quite up to all of the rough-housing yet, but they do enjoy playing. We especially get a kick out of Zach's hair......it's crazy!

No comments:

Counter