Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Colorado Christmas Weekend

We were out in Colorado this past weekend to celebrate Christmas with Andy's family. It's always short trips because Andy's company has a policy not to allow people to have time off when it's associated with a holiday, so we left home Friday evening and returned Sunday evening. The boys sure are troopers - that's a LOT of miles in a week's time!!

Saturday we were able to spend a lot of time with Grandma and Grandpa Bowin, Great-Grandma Marge, and Uncle Dallas. When Marge brought her presents, she included a roll of white wrapping paper (it went along with one of Alex's gifts). Alex, of course, had a different use for the wrapping paper.
And the video of Alex's bat.....



Alex nestled in to snuggle with his Uncle Dallas for a while. Alex really enjoyed playing with him - he especially liked his hat! They played catch, ran around being silly, and just had a great time.

Alex had a LOT of fun in the kitchen playing with the fridge magnets - he'd throw them up and try to hit just about everything - the sink, the oven, the top of the fridge, and the ceiling fan! Here he was "caught in the act" act, plus you get to see how silly he can be with his reflection (in the oven door), and how he calls everyone for dinner!!


Sunday we headed over to Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Wagner's house for the family Christmas. There were quite a few people there, and more food than you can imagine. Alex especially liked the chocolate-covered marshmallows and the cereal mix. Here he is stopped for a minute to eat while rolling on the floor.

And here's an action shot! (I got a new camera for Christmas, and it's still not fast enough to keep up with him!!) :)

Alex also had fun playing with Matthew. Matthew is a 1st grader and Andy's cousin. We think that Matthew needs a brother or sister, because he seems to do really well with younger kids.....right Kendra??!?!? :)


As most of you know, I did get a haircut over the break, and despite my best efforts to NOT have my picture on here as much as possible, I can't avoid it any longer.....so here you go.

Now it will be another 3 years before you get a shot of me again. :)

3 comments:

Claudia said...

I LOVE your hair cut. And I don't know why you are avoiding the blog, you are beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

No...not right!! Some day you guys will be our ages and you will understand. We're too old to keep up with Matthew most of the time, I can't image having a younger one. And, there is no way I'd go back to car seats and diaper bags!

Claudia said...

Remember how I said I love the symmetry of numbers (my kids born on even days and years, etc.) Well, your kids' ages are perfect right now. Alex is 2 years, 2 months and Zach is 2 months, 2 weeks. Perfect! -I'm a dork, I know it! :)

Counter